My Adventures In Vegan Cooking And Baking

Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Best Damn Chocolate Cookies Ever

So...I have this chocolate chip cookie recipe that, seriously, is the best damn thing ever.  I've been craving them recently because I haven't made them since ditching all things animal related.  I decided to try an vegan-ize the recipe this weekend.  And guess what?  They're just as good as ever!!




THE BEST DAMN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER

Cream together:

1 c. Earth Balance vegan "butter" spread
1 1/2 c. shortening
3 3/4 c. brown sugar
6 T. almond milk
3 T. vanilla

Add and mix in well:

3 flax meal "eggs" (1 "egg" = 1 T. flax meal + 3 T. water)*

Add combined dry ingredients and mix well:

6 1/2 c. flour
1 T. salt
2 1/4 t. baking soda

Add and stir in with wooden spoon:

2 (12 oz) bags of chocolate chips (I use ghiradelli because they don't use milk fat)

Preheat oven to 350.  Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.  Bake 12 minutes - until just barely golden and still a little gooey.  Cool on wire racks and enjoy!!

*It's best to mix up the flax "eggs" a few minutes before you start and let the mixture sit in the fridge to set up a little bit before you're ready to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment