I had some leftover blueberries this week that I wanted to use in something yummy. Since I've recently gone refined sugar free, it made my search a little bit more difficult. Thanks to thesweet-toothlife.com, I found this recipe! Yum, yum, yum!
And, family approved! Everyone liked them. Mom said, "I give them 4 out of 5 stars."
BLUEBERRY COCONUT LEMON BARS
Base:
3/4 c. oats
5 T. pure maple syrup
3/4 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
Lemon Layer:
1/3 c. melted coconut oil
1/4 c. pure maple syrup
3 T. lemon juice
1 t. lemon extract
1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1 banana
Blueberry Swirl:
2/3 c. fresh blueberries
3 T. pure maple syrup
1/2 t. vanilla extract
2 T. water
1/2 T. lemon juice
Make the base: Pulse the oats and shredded coconut in blender or food processor until it becomes a rough flour. Add the maple syrup and process until it all sticks together. Press into the bottom of an 8x8 square baking pan. Put in the fridge.
Make the lemon layer: Blend all the ingredients until smooth. See if you like the taste and adjust if you would like more maple syrup. Pour into pan over already made base/crust. Put back in fridge.
Make blueberry swirl: Combine blueberries, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan and boil for one minute. Transfer to blender/food processor, add maple syrup and vanilla and puree until smooth. Spoon onto the top of the lemon layer. Marble using a knife. Cover and freeze overnight. Enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment