I love making cookies! I found this recipe online this week and immediately knew I had to try them out. I made a few modifications to make them vegan and they turned out SO GOOD!!
CARROT CAKE COOKIES
1 c. shortening
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. raw, grated carrots
1/3 c. crushed pineapple
1 flax egg (1 T. flax meal whisked with 3 T. water)
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
2 1/4 c. flour
FROSTING
6 oz. Toffuti Better Than Cream Cheese (soy cream cheese) - room temp.
2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. pineapple juice
1/2 t. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350.
Make flax egg in a small dish and place in fridge for a few minutes.
Cream shortening and sugar. Grate, then add carrots and pineapple and mix well. Add flax egg and vanilla. Mix well. Add rest of cookie ingredients and beat until well combined. It will be a softer dough. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes. DON'T OVERCOOK!
Cool completely on wire racks. While cookies are cooling, beat all frosting ingredients together until smooth. Frost cookies and sprinkle with a little extra nutmeg. Delicious!

No comments:
Post a Comment